Friday, June 6, 2014

Josh Turner nails Paul Simon's Graceland and makes me an instant fan

I used to love listening to Mrs. Robinson as a kid, so yeah, you could say I've always loved Paul Simon. Well this kid named Josh Turner (okay maybe "kid" doesn't fit because he's, well, twenty-one) has done this absolutely amazing cover of Paul Simon's "Graceland." I love it. And seriously, this is not a lip synch. This is the real deal folks. Have a listen and tell me if you agree that his voice is eerily similar to Paul Simon's. Man alive :))...and he's cute too.

10 comments:

  1. That's impressive! Wish I'd played that well at aged twenty-one.
    And yes, he's still a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess where he goes to school? Butler University, home of a certain bulldog mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does sound much like Paul Simon, he definitely has the soft voice approach. Thanks for the musical interlude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I hadn't been watching and paying attention, I'd have thought it was Paul Simon. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was great. I love that song too and I wasn't really a kid at the time it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 21? From our perspective, you can call him a kid. We've earned that right (or aged into that right, something like that).

    Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- not just the voice, but his guitar playing is perfect. And yes, Graceland is one of the best albums ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This kid is incredible, but he'd do better to stop imitating others and develop his own sound.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang. Kid's got talent. And since he's almost half my age, I can call him "kid."

    ReplyDelete