Monday, October 30, 2017

I wish I could be this enthusiastic about Halloween but I just can't.

I have no idea where this house is, but if I had to guess, it'd be Utah. This state, which is home to large Mormon families, and 35-year-old kiddults (the 35-year-old man that thinks he's still fifteen) go crazy for Halloween. I think I just lived through too much trauma in my life to let the mental barriers down long enough to cut loose and be fancy free. Maybe that's what the definition of adult happens to be. Definition, "adult: a kid who physically has a body past its prime and who has experienced enough psychological trauma to have the fun beaten out of them." Sounds about right. For what it's worth, "adults" as I define them may not be able to be "fun," but we sure are good at paying mortgages, showing up on time, handling commitments, and cleaning up garbage. I guess someone has to do it.

So this YouTube user is named BetGeorge, and as you can see he not only has thousands of lights, which were probably hard to hang, but they're all animated and perfectly synced to the song "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I also (perhaps erroneously) thought that Halloween decorations are about making things spooky and gory. However, the guitar and keyboard are pretty impressive.

8 comments:

  1. I'd seen that one before. Impressive. And probably the price of a car to put together.
    I don't celebrate Halloween so it's no big deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween really lises meaning once you're diabetic. Then there's not even candy to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not as enthusiastic about Halloween as I was when I was a candy-coveting kid, but I do like handing out candy to little kids and enjoying their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my kids were little, I enjoyed it. However, sometimes it just comes too late in October and many Halloweens can be cold and rainy in Michigan. I'm glad I don't have to go out in it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Halloween. The day when the kiddos lose their minds, especially if they have a substitute teacher that day. Wish me luck tomorrow :-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. That's an amazing light show.
    I get to relive my childhood through my younger kiddos. I have a mad scientist and Harley Quinn to take out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Halloween but I like it old-fashioned, which means crunchy leaves underfoot, spooky tree limbs overhead, happy kids in costumes, and homes decorated with pumpkins and maybe fake spiderwebs and tombstones and stuff. Nothing too much or overdone. But in the end it's still just a kids' holiday and not for grown-ups.

    I'm so sorry that the trauma in your life keeps you from being fancy free at least once in a while. Then again, thank you for being a grown-up in a world of overgrown kids.

    ReplyDelete